Friday, October 1, 2010

For the love of 2nd hand

So after a crazy day I came home to unwind with a glass of red wine and check blogs, to find that Sew a Straight Line (Thanks, Sabra!) had featured one of my previous donations! I totally agree with her that the world of blogging is a small community with the best neighbors you could ask for. In my small town, most people think I'm a crazy creative 22 year old, until I enter the world of blogging, and then I become normal again :)

After a long crazy day today, I thought I'd unwind by hitting a few thrift stores and garage sales on my way home. When I got home I found that a few of my favorite pieces in our home are thrifted antiques and garage sale finds. I found this globe for only $2 and just placed it on our desk until it finds it's real home. The picture frame still has the pictures it came with. Feel free to comment with and creative ideas rather than the standard picture.
Both of these pieces are thrifted for a steal of a deal. Now if only I can un-lonely them in our office corner and find a few friends for them!
Sooo, I've sort of been collecting and antiquing since I was about an 8th grader...ya i was even weird as a young student. I found this for practically free and it's amazing how I recently found it in my stash and it perfectly matches our home. I have to show you the before because next week I plan to show you the after of my idea for it!
This is my favorite vignette to decorate (even though it seems to look WAY better in person than in pictures) The vintage bowl was another find in my stash that I recently came across and I've probably had this since high school as well :) The authentic lamp is one my favorites, which is why this is the first thing you see when you walk into our living room. Am I crazy, or do you also have thrifted finds that end up being your favorites in your home? I'd love to see a few of yours!

No comments: